A newly created role within our highly data driven Global Out-Of-Home business you will be playing a critical role in the maturation of the JCDecaux Australia data capabilities and frameworks. Organising, maintaining and optimising data pipelines and structures that support the data foundations of the business.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Plan, create, and maintain data architectures
- Own the development of data integration tools, databases, warehouses, and analytical systems
- Establish a robust CI/CD framework for the current infrastructure and work to future proof for new data developments
- Recommend where required, new data architectures, platforms, and automation
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on the governance and best practice design of data flows, storage, and extraction into tools
- Manage and work on the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources and platforms such as SQL/ RedShift/ Document DB and AWS technologies.
- Build, maintain, and scale ETL and data pipelines for the smooth day to day operations of the platforms, systems and dependencies of the department.
- Aid in deploying new prototypes, products, and ML / statistical work from the Data teams.
- Work on the stakeholder engagement, processes and maintenance of key data platforms striving for continual improvements
- Support the data and solutions architecture for new platform and data innovations and developments,
- Provide thought leadership and contribute to developing and executing JCDecaux Australia’s Data & Insights strategy and roadmap
- Work on global data projects and their customisation and release in our local market
TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
As well as having prior Data Engineering experience you’ll be genuinely excited about data and the possibilities that it brings. A strong communicator you’ll be able to interpret business requirements and translate them into application and operational requirements. As well as:
- 2+ years hands-on experience deploying production quality code for commercial projects
- Experience working with Python, Java, or Scala for data processing (Python preferred)
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Strong understanding and technical skills across AWS suite including Redshift, AWS cloud infrastructure
- Expertise in working with cloud based ETL practices using tools/code such as Airflow, Lambdas, S3 (or similar)
- Deep knowledge of relational databases and query authoring (SQL) and productionising this in software development in a commercial environment
JCDecaux requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to ensure we meet our obligations under occupational health and safety legislation with regard to the safety and wellbeing of our people. Being “fully vaccinated” means having obtained a primary course recommended dosage of any approved vaccine. For most approved vaccines this is a two-dose schedule. If you are applying for a role at JCDecaux please consider this requirement when submitting your application. If your application is successful you may be required to provide evidence of your vaccination against Covid-19 to JCDecaux upon or after commencing your employment with JCDecaux.